Effects on the Body
The total area of the human body surface is 1.5-2 square meters. Skin protects us from harmful microorganisms, while the amount of bacteria on skin of a healthy person varies significantly from 115,000 to 32,000,000 per square centimeter. Banya sessions clean the body from old dry skin as well as the microorganisms it contains. If not removed, dry skin particles can block pores and oil gland vessels, which can hinder the process of detoxing. Hot air, steam and massage restore bactericidal qualities of skin that are often significantly weakened by overexposure to pollution, cold weather as well as insufficient activity of sex gland hormones.
Banya benefits to skin:
- Helps intensify the work of sweat and oil glands. In fact, it’s the secrets of these glands that support the so-called protective layer of skin that limits the proliferation of bacteria.
- Increase in peripheral blood circulation and temperature as well as perspiration and hydrating the outer layer of skin tissue helps improve the ability of the skin to absorb healing & rejuvenating body products used in spa treatments.
- Has an effect on the immune system, water-salt exchange, vitamin and tissue hormones, enzymes, which in a lot of ways is due to the contrasting temperature conditions.
- Intensified blood flow improves the processes of “skin respiration” or absorption of oxygen through skin. High skin temperature leads to a 2-3 times faster metabolism. Blood circulation also helps to dissolve infiltrates a lot faster.
- Positive effect on vegetative nervous system tonus, metabolism of skin sugar, fats, nitrogenous compounds, water-electrolyte exchange.
- Also has a distinctive cosmetic effect. For centuries skin was thought to reflect the overall health condition of a person. Banya has a beneficial effect on skin trophism, improves its functioning and the look of skin in general. Stimulation of oil and sweat glands facilitates regeneration of dry hair.
- Great practice for thermoregulation mechanisms; it improves body’s adaptivity to seasonal changes in weather, resistance to viral and bacterial infectious diseases etc.
- Also known to help people with allergies. By influencing metabolic processes, endo-crine and nervous systems, banya improves the overall functioning of human body, which manifests in physical well-being as well as a normalized appetite.